04/02/11 10:17 PMWeekend Randomness, Edition 2
Authored by Mom
Just a bit more randomness coming from our home.
- I think Netflix is fantastic. It's great wonderful stuff where we can watch these play instantly shows.
- I think my husband is so much more fantastic. It's great wonderful stuff when he can hook up what he does so we can be silly movie watching people, together.
- I love the words together and family. Being together as a family has been on one of my goals for this year.
- The massive amount of books in our home is over-taking us, that's an understatement. We are nearly drowning and something will be happening soon.
- I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read any C.S. Lewis other than The Chronicles of Narnia series. I'm currently loving Mere Christianity. It's very thought-provoking.
- I'm disappointed with myself for not starting Project Life yet. I blame it on homeschooling my 4 kids.
- I'm even more disappointed that I haven't finished the Bible in 90 days reading that I started. I did mention that it was really really hard. I've decided that being disappointed doesn't hurt anyone but me and I will finish. It's been a really good thing to get started.
- A thought filled life is a good one. It seems like I have been very introspective in the last couple of years. Thinking is good.
- Abby has wanted to play Battleship for months and months. While I know it's a fun game, I'm not sure what the pull towards it has been for her . But it's brought us to tears here. Finally she's got her wish.
The angels were singing.
- Max has been saving his money for awhile now and he finally purchased a special lego Star Wars set. He's into Star Wars like crazy right now. We're all about it at our house....
- My Zoe has wanted a Karito Kids doll for awhile now and has been saving her money, for long than her twin has, for this special friend. Zoe Nicole finally made her way to our house and I was so excited for my sweet Zoe to get this package, addressed to her.
I love this picture! Priceless. We had been waiting and waiting for this package to arrive, in the midst of our record-breaking snowstorm and it took forever. When it finally got here, there was a big celebration.
- I know more and more that I know less and less. I think that has to do with my introspectiveness of late. And I'm so thankful that I'm not the one doing all of the controlling, even though that's hard for me to give up.
I end with a bit that caught me, as I was reading this week.
"I am only trying to call attention to a fact; the fact that this year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practice ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people."
~ Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
04/26/11 09:08 PM
The picture of pure pleasure is priceless--makes you want to give Zoe a hug for getting her wish.
I hope Zoe did better than I did at Battleship--just ask Max!